an Oceania based Left-Communist regroupment effort
Internationalist Communists Oceania is a Left-communist regroupment effort, with our long term goal being the abolition of class society and private property via international proletarian revolution. In other words, we want, nay need, to see a Communist society within the younger generations lifetimes if we hope to see a continuation of human existence. Our current epoch has not only taken the phrase “Socialism or Barbarism” and made it an imminent reality, but also sees the situation so dire that our options are now “Socialism or Extinction.”
Our immediate goals are to regroup those dissuaded by the lack of organisations who uphold Marxist positions in the Oceanic area. As well as regrouping those who already hold our positions, we are also interested in aiding others in Marxist education by creating an easily accessible online space to do so.
If you wish to become involved, we suggest reading our Points of Unity, and then getting in contact with us. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our positions and organisation.
Points of Unity
- As communists, we see communism as the only viable solution for the survival of humanity.
- Capital is a historic social relation between the Capitalist class and the wage labouring proletariat. We denounce capital as being a product of the exploitation of man by man and therefore denounce capitalism, regardless of its apparent form of government.
- We see international revolution , carried out at the hands of the proletariat , as the only route to communism. This can only be achieved through the destruction of Capital and class itself.
- While not believing ourselves to be the party or its sole nuclei, we do advocate for the establishment of an international proletarian party to function as the nerve center of the class. In other words, we are not the party, but we are for the party.
- We understand the proletariat to be a class of migrants who have no country. In capitalism’s current decadent epoch we see the “nation”-state as having ceased to have any useful purpose. The emancipation of all nations depends on the self-organisation of the working class and international proletarian revolution.
- We regard all “actually existing socialism” as mere State-Capitalism. We see its actions and its parties—including its international organs—as instruments of the bourgeoisie
- We see all interclassist theories as alien to the interests of the proletariat and class collaboration as a symptom of of low class consciousness . These reactions are understandable in the face of the social antagonisms that plague Capitalist society. We seek to abolish all forms of oppression that we see stemming from class society.
- We understand labour unions to be organs of the capitalist state, that stifle the resistance of the proletariat* and cannot be conquered or transformed into revolutionary vessels. We are not opposed to individual rank-and-file membership. However, upon the intensification of class struggle, the unions will be a counterrevolutionary force and must be overcome. We call on our fellow workers to build their own revolutionary organs.
- Humanity must move from Capital’s existence if we hope to ever see a world in which human need and enrichment is placed before profits. For the sake of nurturing individual development and humanities success as a whole, we must see the abolition of the present state of things.
Contact Internationalist Communists Oceania